In our office, we use only hyaluronic acid-based products. This is a natural gel product found in many of our topical skin moisturizers. This product is specially formulated to be injected underneath the surface of the skin. When injected carefully, it can lift deep creases in the skin, erase fine lines, plump lips, and Add back volume to the cheeks. We can even contour the chin and jaw line with these products!
Dermal Filler - 2 rounds
Toned Face, less droppy eyelids, brighter skin
Under eye correction and brightening
Contouring of the jawline
Enhancement of the chin to add symmetry
DERMAL FILLER PRE-CARE
- Avoid applying pressure or touching the treated area for six (6) hours after the procedure. The area can then be washed with a gentle cleanser and water.
- Do not apply makeup, lip-gloss, or other non-sterile topical agents to the treatment area for six (6) hours after your injection to avoid infection.
- Avoid massages, vigorous scrubs, exfoliation and/or other facial treatment in the area of treatment for 72 hours.
- Avoid Microdermabrasion or Vibradermabrasion for 72 hours after cosmetic dermal fillers.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or UV/tanning beds for 72 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid manipulation of the area following the injection unless specifically instructed otherwise by your healthcare practitioner.
- For pain and/or discomfort, use cool packs and over-the-counter analgesics such as Acetaminophen (AKA Tylenol) or Ibuprofen.
- Oral or topical Arnica Montana, and herbal supplement, may help with reducing swelling caused by cosmetic treatments. DO NOT take Arnica Montana if you have a history of allergic reaction to it or if you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are prone to cold sores (oral herpes simplex), call us for a prescription if you feel one coming on post-injection or take your prescribed medicine (an antiviral prescribed by your primary care doctor) as prescribed for the next 24 hours after treatment to reduce the risk of an outbreak.
- If signs and symptoms of infection develop such as warmth at the site of injection, discharge, and/or severe pain or discomfort, please contact or office so Dr. Amanda Holden can be notified immediately.
- If you have any unusual bruising, we would like you to send us a photo immediately so Dr. Holden can confirm that it is normal appearing.
- Any symptoms or problems that concern you other than those listed above should also be reported to Dr. Amanda Holden by calling our office at 760-274-3160.
DERMAL FILLER POST-CARE
- Visible bumps may be seen at the injection sites and will disappear after a few hours.
- Neuromodulators start to work in 2-7 days and peak in about 2 weeks. If additional product is needed, it will not be injected until 14 days after your initial injection. Please call the office to schedule a touch-up at 14 days if you feel like one is indicated.
- Do not massage the treatment area.
- Do not do strenuous exercise on the day of your injection.
- Do not get a massage, do microdermabrasion or any other activity that may elevate your core body temperature for the next 24 hours.
- If your forehead was treated, do not wear hat or headband for 24 hours.
- You may cleanse your face normally this evening, but please do not massage the injected area or use any abrasive exfoliants or scrubs.
- Bruising may be seen. This happens in a small percentage of treatments, but it will not affect your treatment results. There may also be some discomfort associated with it. Bruising should resolve within one week. The use of Arnica Montana (available at health food stores) may help with bruising. It is available both topically (as a gel) or orally.
- Cosmetics, moisturizers, lotions, may be used the next day, but do not apply extreme pressure or do anything that may cause discomfort.
- Exercising the muscles in the treated area may help the product get into the muscle faster, but has no effect on the overall efficacy of the treatment. (You can “make faces” up to 10 times per hour for the first few hours after treatment).
- Headaches may be a possible side effect. Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be used as needed.
- Sensitive or blurry vision is possible for 2-3 days post treatment. Wear sunglasses and moisturize eyes with moisturizing eye drops.
- Flu-like symptoms are rare, but can occur. Fluids, rest and Tylenol/Motrin may be used.
- Any symptoms or problems other than those listed above should be reported to the office of Dr. Amanda Holden @ 760-274-3160.